Presented by Roots to Sky
It is with a warm heart that we invite you to a sacred healing ceremony with the plant spirit guide Ayahuasca, guided by Mario Restrepo, our ayahuasquero from Columbia.
A little bit about the evening…
The ceremony date will always be chosen as close to the New/Dark Moon as possible.
After some words of intention and connect, lights are turned off and we internalize the medicine.
During the night Mario plays beautiful music and instruments… ancient chants and songs which are known to work together with the medicine creating healing in our bodies and mind. He comes to work with certain individuals one-on-one when he feels the call to do so or senses you are in.
If ever during the night you feel overwhelmed, in need of advice, or even a hand to hold, he is there with unflinching love to help you through the process.
Some technical details…
- The evening will be held in my home so we are limited in space.
- Please confirm with me ASAP if you will be attending so I make sure we are not overbooked (there are likely more people on this list can may be comfortably accommodated) or to open the space to the next in line.
- Please bring blankets, yoga mats or sleeping pads & pillows, as well as any special sacred items (crystals, journals, etc etc)
Preparing your body…
To honour the powerful medicine, we must create a space in our bodies by cleansing ourselves with a simple easy to digest diet, abstaining from other medicines and herbal formulas, with a few simple dietary guidelines.
Please avoid the following:
- Ginger, garlic, onions
- Hot spices in general
- Salt (for cravings use lemon or seaweeds)
- Sugar (sweeteners in general, including honey or maple syrup. For cravings eat sweet potato or squash)
- Oils (especially saturated and fried, small amounts of olive oil are okay)
- Caffeine (green tea is okay)
- Medicinal teas (focus on gentle teas like chamomile or rooibos)
- Fermented foods (including soy sauce)
- Meat (fish is okay)
- Excessive heavy foods (excess potatoes, bread etc)
- No other supplements or herbs
- Please consult me if you are taking pharmaceuticals especially antidepressants, MAOI’s, and St. John’s Wort
- Abstain from intercourse
TIP: An ideal diet would be soups and nori (sushi style) wraps, using lemon juice for taste.
The diet should be ideally followed for a week, but especially 3 days before the ceremony. The idea is that you want to feel light and clean for Ayahuasca to enter. The day of the ceremony we fast except for a very light breakfast such as plain rice or plain oats.
Other traditions and shamans may be more/less strict on the guidelines. How seriously and with how much intention you put into your experience (and will often reveal how much you get in return), will be up to you.An example of a more detailed/stricter set of guidelines can be found here: http://www.herbalandwellbeingsanctuary.com/pre_ayahuasca_ceremony_dietas.html
The next day we will celebrate with healthy potluck, with plenty of fruit. Strong foods such as garlic or onion should still be avoided until the 2nd day.
We are so grateful to share this experience with you, to be reborn anew, once again.
In all my relations,
Matt, Roots to Sky, Lush Earth, and your evening’s Ayahuasquero/Curanderos
We would like to acknowledge this sacred land on which “Toronto” has been built, and Turtle Island, the home of “Canada”. A site of human activity for 15,000 years, this land is the territory of the Huron-Wendat and Petun First Nations, the Seneca, and most recently, the Mississaugas (Anishinaabeg) of the Credit River. The territory was the subject of the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement between the Iroquois Confederacy and Confederacy of the Ojibwe and allied nations to peaceably share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes.