You are previewing what will soon become a fully comprehensive database. Enjoy!
Roots to Sky recommends the following supplements for your own research:
- EstroSmart – Ideal for ensuring the proper balance & detoxification of estrogen.
- AOR Estro Adapt – Similar to above. I recommend rotating between them, one bottle at a time.
- EstroTone – Best for menopause, but great for overall hormone regulation.
- AOR Fem Calm – A comprehensive formula for your PMS toolbox.
Sources of Xenoestrogens
- Coming Soon – Please research on your own in the meantime.
Iron is a critical mineral for many women, due to the loss of blood with each monthly cycle. Iron is located at the centre of every hemoglobin molecule in the heart of each blood cell and is used to bind oxygen and bring it to every tissue of our body. Without adequate amounts, oxygen cannot be delivered and fatigue due to anemia is a common result.
From the TCM point of view an iron deficiency corresponds to a deficiency of Blood, Qi and/or Yin, depending on the presentation. Here are my favourite iron supplements, available in most Canadian health food stores. Please note, there are many others out there and I am very open to adding more to this list.
- Used for slightly more deeper deficiencies due to its 30mg dose.
- One of the best on the market for its ease on the digestive system. That said – some people do find it constipating, in which case try taking one every other day, or combining it with a magnesium supplement.
- One to two months is usually sufficient, after which you can then switch to the one below.
- A gentle food based solution, essentially the most popular iron supplement on the market.
- In liquid form, and tastes great :)
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you experience any concerns while taking iron.
PREGNANCY & CHILDBIRTH RESOURCES
- Roots to Sky – Pregnancy Tips
- NOTE: Apparently the New Chapter multi-vitamin is no longer being shipped to Canada, instead consider Baby & Me 2™ – MegaFood
- AOR Advances Vol3-7 – Pregnancy
- The Care Feeding of Infants According to Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Acupressure for Childbirth